Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Scoop on the Whole Pets Store

By Valerie K. Kane, HSSV Volunteer


I’m sure most readers know that Humane Society Silicon Valley is a great place to find the perfect companion animal for you and your family. But do you know that even after you’ve taken your new pet home, there are still many reasons to return to the HSSV Animal Community Center?

One reason I continue to visit the center is to shop at Whole Pets, the HSSV pet supply store. My dog Tosha seems to need more dog treats and toys every few weeks, so we are regular customers.

Whole Pets has a wide selection of supplies you will need for your dog, cat, rabbit, or pocket pet, including food, toys, collars, bedding, and more. There are even some items for us humans, including the amazing “Our Very Own Island” t-shirt, the winner of the HSSV Man’s Best Friend Design contest.

And best of all, all proceeds from the store go to support the animals and programs at HSSV.

I have to admit though, there’s another reason why I like to shop at Whole Pets. If I’m lucky I’ll be in the store when an adoption has just completed and the adopters (and their new pet) are in the store stocking up on essentials. It’s a lot of fun to see who has found a home (perhaps it’s one of my favorite dogs I’ve been socializing) and be part of the excitement of shopping for the perfect collar and having a new name tag made. That’s the best!

For more information about Whole Pets, including operating hours, see the Whole Pets homepage, click here.

And if you and your pet are in a hurry, the Whole Pets Fetch! program will do the shopping for you.

1 comment:

  1. Do you take into account optimizing your blog content for search machines?

    ReplyDelete