Friday, March 16, 2012

I am Cherry - and I found a home

Do you remember me?  I was lost, and then the Humane Society got me, and now I found a new home.

My new Mommy gave me a name that is so wonderful... “Bashful”. I was starting to get worried that I wasn’t going to join a new family because I was here at the Humane Society for three months…which seems like forever! The people here are very nice though, especially the lady that was fostering me in the Homeward Bound Program. If it wasn’t for my Foster Mommy, Jaime Allen, and Humane Society Silicon Valley, I don’t know where I’d be right now. And to my new Mommy…thanks for picking ME!



 My bed, or “throne” is black & white tiger stripes with pink. 

My new Mommy is great! She made several visits here so that I could get used to her before she took me home. She even brought me treats (I ate them out of her hands & off of her lap). All of her peeps say that I’m spoiled, but I think it’s just cause she loves me so much. We make a great fit (she’s “High Maintenance” too, just like me). She says that since I’m a big girl now & listening really good that I can be just like her…a rocker “Fashionista.” I think that’s why her peeps think I’m spoiled…my Mommy likes to shop for me since I’m her first dog (and girlie dog, at that!). 

Boy does she have a lot of clothes. At first, when I was with my foster mom, I didn’t really like wearing clothes.  But now, Mommy brings home all these cute, sparkly outfits & lots of things with skulls on them. Oh…and lots & lots of pink, see?

As you may know, when I came here I was very shy & afraid of everything…I’m getting so much better & my shyness is starting to turn into spunkiness. I let Mommy touch me whenever she wants & I’m always wagging my tail. I run around the house, jump onto the sofa & also jump onto Mommy’s bed.

Mom is a shopaholic, and now I'm a DIVA!
There’s also an old guy (her Grandpa) who lives there & helps take care of me when Mommy is at work. I’m getting more & more comfortable with him too…I even let him scratch my chin when he calls me. He tells Mommy what a good girl I am when she gets home since I never ever bark. Well…there was this one time…but it was cause I had to go potty!

There’s also two cats & a girl dog named Abbie.  She kinda looks like me except she’s about five times bigger. She says she’s going to join Doggy Weight Watchers…but I don’t think that’s going to happen cause she likes treats too much (just like me). 

I was all decked out in my pink and green camo
Oh my gosh! I almost forgot to tell you about my first outing with Mommy & Papa. We went to Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey. I love riding in cars…even though I always fall asleep. We sure did a lot of walking that day. Papa & I were pooped. There were a lot of people there & they kept looking at me & admiring my snazzy outfit. 

Anyway, I just wanted to update you all on my great news & great progress that I have made so far! I know Jaime will be so proud of me. Mommy still keeps in touch with her & sends her cute pictures of me all dolled up or just being my cute little self. Thanks again to my Foster Mommy & my other buddy Casaundra Cruz, for making my dreams come true. 




Love, 
Bashful and my new mommy, Chantel

2 comments:

  1. Awe...so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! Kudos to the foster family and Bashful's new family!

    ReplyDelete