Friday, March 9, 2018

A Cure for the Dreaded Time Change

It's Daylight Savings time - in other words, the time of the year when we all get a little crankier, but also feel a small twinge of delight. It's staying lighter later into the day (great) and feels like summer's coming (double great).

But there's that dreaded lost hour of sleep, which makes us feel something like this: 

 
Don't wake me, hooman. I'm deep in slumber.


Cats, like all of us, loathe losing sleep. They don't understand the struggle of trying to remember how to change the clock in your car, but they do understand the sudden, irritating sound of an alarm an hour before you expected it.

Shut that thing off, immediately. I have not gotten a full 18 hours of sleep yet.

While we can't do anything about the time change, we can try to alleviate some of your pain.

 I'm listening. Sort of. I guess. Hurry up and make your point, already. I have a nap to get to.

Adopt a cat.

 Okay, NOW I'm listening.

Think about it. Cats are great napping buddies, so you don't have to feel guilty when you lay down for a quick 30 minutes to try to recover from the time change. Case in point:

 I'm a pro napper. See that? I didn't even look up when I heard you talking about me.

Cats won't judge you for hitting the snooze button, because let's face it - they're probably still asleep and didn't even see you do it. No witnesses, no problem.

You did wha- oh, never mind.

Lucky for you, we have plenty of awesome nappers who are here to emotionally support you through this transition. And for a limited time, senior cats over 6 (the best napping demographic around) are only $75 to adopt.

Hey, that's me! You're right, I am a great napper.

 We'll be waiting. See you soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment