Friday, July 30, 2010

Join Me at the Summer Music and Wine Festival!

by Valerie K. Kane, HSSV Volunteer



If you haven’t heard yet, this Sunday August 1, from 1 - 6 PM is the annual Summer Music and Wine Festival at the HSSV Animal Community Center. This will be my first time attending. I’m excited about all the activities planned, but mostly I’m looking forward to meeting Abbie, professional surf dog and HSSV alum.

I first met Abbie when a friend of mine found her Facebook fan page, AbbieSurfs. Ever since then, I’ve been following her surfing successes (1st place this year at the Lowes Surf Dog Competition in May), her off-water exploits (paragliding and sheep herding) and her turn in front of the camera as a surfer girl-dog in the movie Marmaduke.

Abbie will be at the festival with her Dad, Michael Uy, from 1 – 3 PM signing “pawgraphs.” I’m hoping she’ll let me snap a picture with her, too! She makes me proud to be a part of HSSV.

There’s a lot more to see and do at the Summer Music and Wine Festival, including dog agility, flyball demonstrations, music by the Joe Sharino Band, and of course wine tastings! Hope to see you there.

For more information about the festival, visit http://www.hssv.org/events_summermusicwine.html. To learn more about Abbie, visit http://www.abbiesurfs.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment