All you cat lovers out there I'm sure would agree that your pet cat teaches you something new every day. Whether it be a lesson in love and selflessness, or simply how to properly clean a litterbox by sending you a not-so-subtle (but very stinky) hint. For those of you out there looking to adopt for the first time, here are 15 life lessons you can look forward to learning from your newly adopted feline friend, as told by a few HSSV alumni and friends:
1. Sometimes, it's okay to stay in bed all day.
2. Mice are evil.
4. Play is the secret to staying young.
5. When you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.
6. A smile can turn your whole day around.
7. When someone needs a hug, just indulge them.
8. Don't spend your whole life behind a desk, find time to stretch your legs.
9. Laps are awesome.
10. Yoga can be a great source of exercise.
11. Flexibility = success.
12. Sing as if nobody's listening.
13. Never underestimate the power of a good nap.
14. Don't let others drag you around. Forge your own path.
15. Get off the internet and go save a life. Adopting will be the best decision you ever make.
If you are looking for answers, look no further than HSSV. Our available cats are here and ready to change your life forever.