Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Forget the Kardashians: Our Bonded Pairs Dish On Relationships, Hopes and Cookies.

It's almost Valentines Day and love (and bickering) are in the air. To help celebrate, we turned to two of our bonded pairs and asked them to open up about each other, how they wound up here, and what they hope their future looks like.

If your heart and your home are too big for just one animal, we're waving one adoption fee on all pairs through February 17th. Twice the love and silliness for one adoption fee.


Ignore my sister. She gets lippy. 
Suki & Lydia

Lydia: We're are a lot alike - I won't deny that. Except she's more hyper than I am. If I take one step, she takes five.

Suki: What she means to say is we're practically identical except she's a little chunky and moves too slowly

Lydia: I wouldn't be so chunky if you didn't steal all of the cookies I try to save and eat them. Of course I hork them down. I wouldn't get so much as a taste if I didn't.

She's distracted - quick, pass me a cookie.
Suki: I'm trying to save you from your own worst instincts.

Lydia: But we'd be lost without each other....

Suki: Lost. Just lost. Like one of her cookies....

Lydia: We sleep on top of each other, we groom each other constantly, we play together, we even argue at times.

Suki: I'm always right, of course.

Lydia: It's good that the folks here agreed we need to go home together. I couldn't live without her. It'd be like losing the skinnier, more annoying parts of myself.

Suki: We have room in our hearts for a person. That's what would make us complete. A person of our own. And we're so small they could fit both of us in their lap at the same time.

Lydia: And of course I could keep Suki from annoying them too badly. Occupy some of that energy.

Suki: If that cookie is for her you can just hand it to me.

Interviews fees are payable in cookies. 

Chickadee: DIXIE! DIXIE! Come over here. They want us to talk about ourselves.

Dixie: Are there cookies?

Chickadee: I don't know. You got cookies? Nothing in this world is free. Pats, cookies, butt scratches - we're busy girls. You don't have something to offer us we'll move on.

Dixie: And make sure you're patting while you talk to us. Behind the ears works as well.

Chickadee: So it was Christmas Eve, right? Not the best night to be roaming around on your own. But we weren't alone, we were together. So there we were, running around Sunnyvale together trying to find a place to crash for the night.

Dixie: And believe you me, the streets of Sunnyvale are NOT lined with cookies. Even on Christmas

Scratch my butt!
Eve. But being short nosed dogs, we tend to snort.

Chickadee: A lot. And we're not ashamed of it, either. Not even a little bit.

Dixie: If you don't make noise, how will the world know you're there? But yes, when we're on the move we do snort a little.

Chickadee: And a good samaritan heard us snorting and brought us here. It was nice to be warm on Christmas.

Dixie: Very nice. And the food here ain't bad, either. Of course they kept us together and that's a good thing. We need each other. Once you've made it on the streets together, you're just bonded, you know? But as nice as HSSV is, it's not home.

Chickadee: No, it's not. And we need a home. We have big personalities. We've sort outgrown this venue, know what I mean? Time to take this show someplace else.

Dixie: (snorts in agreement)

Chickadee: Didn't we say there needed to be cookies? Don't be cheap.

In addition to these two sets of lovely ladies, we have four more sets of pooches who need to go home with their companion. Cat person? We have bonded cat pairs as well. We even have bonded bunny pairs.  Why settle for the skittering of four little paws when you can have eight? It's like an instant family - just add love!

No comments:

Post a Comment