Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This Weekend: Pet First Aid and CPR Class

By Valerie K. Kane, HSSV Volunteer


Do you know what to do if your pet is suddenly injured or suffers a medical emergency? I know that I don’t, so I’m glad to see HSSV is sponsoring another practical, useful class for pet owners: Pet First Aid and CPR.

In this class, Diane Troup from A Dog’s Life will teach techniques that could save a pet’s life, including controlling bleeding, applying bandages, treating shock and performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Students will also take home an easy-to-use first aid book and a go-anywhere first aid kit.

The Pet First Aid and CPR class will be held on Saturday, August 28 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm in Classroom B of the HSSV Animal Community Center. I plan to attend and I’m looking forward to feeling much more confident and knowledgeable about handling a medical emergency with my dog, Tosha, or the other companion animals I interact with. If you’d like to join me, there’s still time to register; just click here.


There’s still time to register for the Pet First Aid and CPR class. Find out about other upcoming seminars and events on the HSSV Event Calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment